The following is a listing of the village’s current position vacancies:
Public Works Seasonal Maintenance Positions Available
- One 40 hour per week maintenance worker
- One 24-32 hour per week maintenance worker
The Village of Spring Grove is seeking interested applicants for part-time seasonal staff positions for the Public Works Department. Part-time seasonal staff will have the opportunity to work within many aspects of Public Works including parks, streets and specialty projects. Main responsibilities will include: lawn mowing, weed-whacking, trash pick-up and general landscaping for all village-owned properties. Additional duties may include: painting, building/facility maintenance tasks, and preventative maintenance on village-owned equipment.
These individuals will report to and work under the general direction of the Public Works Supervisor and/or Crew Leader. Work hours are Monday-Friday 7am-3pm but may include hours and days outside normal scheduled times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them if the work is similar, related, or logical to the position.
- Records information pertaining to daily assignments;
- Operates all vehicles and equipment as directed;
- Safely and conscientiously performs tasks to ensure personal safety and the safety of others;
- Performs landscaping tasks including but not limited to lawn mowing, weed- whacking/pulling and general landscape tasks;
- Assists with special assignments or projects as directed by the Supervisor and/or Crew Leader;
- Performs tasks as required or directed by the Supervisor and/or Crew Leader.
- Completes assigned tasks with little direction or supervision.
- Performs related work as required/assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred;
- Must be at least eighteen years of age;
- Must have a valid State of Illinois Driver’s License
- Must have ability to utilize hand and power tools;
- Must have ability to operate vehicle and mechanical equipment;
- Must have ability to take direction and work with little supervision.
Click here for an application or pick one up at the Municipal Centre.